M-DRIVE is a varied collection of music and sound effects that are inspired by a certain classic 16-bit games console of the early nineties. You know, the one with a controller that looked like a fat boomerang and a TOTALLY RADICAL spiky blue mascot. Yep, that one.
Each of M-DRIVE’s music tracks and sound effects has been lovingly crafted by composer Snowy Fox using the same synthesis method as the original console’s Yamaha sound chip, in the styles of many of the games we grew up loving, holding the idea of an action RPG in mind, but the pack is also open to several different game genres.
- 14 melody-rich, dynamic tracks by Snowy Fox, ranging from pumping 90’s-esque J-rock to serene or eerie background pieces
- 5 jingles, for specific in-game events: game over, resting, two for finding items, and a victory fanfare
- 16 sound effects for menu screens and a few common actions, such as attacking, taking damage, and moving from map to map. Some are abstract, some diegetic – if retro-sounding!
- All instruments have been hand-crafted using FM synthesis or bit-crushed drum samples, trying to achieve a sound reminiscent of the pack’s 16-bit console inspiration, without the constraints of its limitations
- Carefully mastered for consistent timbre and volume between each track, jingle and sound effect
- Includes multiple versions of each track suitable for various environments and game engines, or just for listening
- All files come in M4a and Ogg formats for use in RPG Maker MV