How to Activate:
- You will receive a gift link to the external provider’s website in your web browser.
- Login there using your Steam account.
- Make sure to choose the same country as your store country found in Steam account details.
- The automated system will add your Steam account to friend-list. Please accept it.
- After you accept the friend request, it will send you your purchased game as a gift.
Rise to Ruins is at heart a godlike village simulator, but it also throws in plenty of familiar game play mechanics from classic real-time strategy and resource management games like Black and White, Settlers, ActRaiser and many others. It also throws in some twists by melding in some tower defense and survival elements in an attempt to create a new kind of godlike village simulator. The goal is to try to bridge the gap between the depth and complexity of traditional village simulators, the fun of godlikes and tower defense, with the simplicity of real-time strategy games.
- Build A Village, and Die Trying! A major part of the game is village management, and trying to discover new and creative ways to use the tools at your disposal to keep yourself alive as long as possible while you defend your village at night from the raging hoard of monsters, and try to expand in the day time. In this game, you will lose frequently, but with every failure you learn a little bit more about how to survive and apply that knowledge to your next attempt.
- Frequent 100% Free Content Patches! Like getting new content and not having to pay for it? Well, this is the game for you. For years Rise to Ruins had gotten frequent and completely free content patches, expanding the base game regularly!
- Godlike Elements: Not only can you manage your village, but you also have many godlike abilities at your disposal. You can alter the terrain, blast enemies from afar, pick up objects or creatures, heal your villagers, speed up resource growth and all sorts of other fun godly stuff. You’re part of this world just as much as your villagers are.
- Tower Defense Elements: This isn’t a tower defense game, but you’ll still be getting some tower defense vibes from it! Use classic tower defense mechanics to defend your village at night, creating walls of towers behind maze walls to help keep your little villagers alive as long as possible, and if tower defense isn’t your thing. That’s ok! You can also raise an army of golems and recruit guards to defend the village.
- World Maps and Regions! The game has tons of hand made maps for you to select from (You can also make your own if you like!) Every biome follows a certain theme (Forest, Desert, Drylands, etc). Start your village anywhere you like, and slowly conquer the whole world! (Well, try to anyway, you’ll probably just die.)