You are among the latest, and perhaps the last, of the challengers to undertake this great journey into the stars. While the universe may be ancient, you and your rivals are still young. As you compete with one another for control of this galaxy, there are others, far older and more powerful than you, who watch from a distance with unknown intentions. It is time for you to prove your empire deserves to rule this galaxy, once and for all. You may prove worthy after all, but worthy of what? It is up to you to Discover the Unknown…
Interstellar Space: Genesis takes classic turn-based space 4X strategy mechanics, adds in a few twists of its own, and tosses them in with several brand new mechanics to create a truly unique entry into the genre. It also aims to provide a lack of burdensome micromanagement and an emphasis on the best aspects of classic 4X space strategy games.
- Play as one of six distinct races, each with their own abilities, advantages, and backgrounds.
- Design custom races with their own ideal worlds, racial traits, and unique game-changing abilities.
- Detect black holes, neutron stars, planets and other systems using remote exploration technology.
- Establish and conquer settlements and outposts to expand your empire.
- Engage in diplomacy to pursue trade, sign treaties, forge alliances or conduct military negotiations.
- Oversee unique leaders each with personalities, desires, traits, skills and opinions that truly matter.
- Evolve your race’s culture and celebrate their talents and specializations.