It’s December of 1989, in the desolate forests and hills of the Swedish countryside. A month has passed since the population vanished overnight, and you have spent this time exploring the grim open world alone and with friends, sticking to the shadows to scavenge for equipment and weapons in your attempt to stay alive. All the while, you’ve identified the mastermind behind the events leading up to the attack and it has now led you to Himfjäll. This unexplored island off the east coast might hold more answers, and perhaps something even more valuable – other survivors.
- HIMFJÄLL ISLAND: Dusted from coast to coast in snow, this formerly popular ski resort now stands abandoned to the winds and the enemies roaming the area.
- YOU’RE NOT ALONE: Himfjäll might be unexplored and highly dangerous, but there are also clear signs that more information about the machines and the whole situation can be found there.
- MORE ACHIEVEMENTS & COLLECTIBLES: The new area is covered in collectibles for you to find, from lost dictaphone journal entries to character biographies.
- APOCALYPSE CLASS MACHINES: If you are not vigilant when making your way across the new island, you will sooner or later cross paths with what appears to be a new tier of machines.
- EXPANDED ARSENAL: Your quest for survival will require extensive exploration, and if luck is on your side, you might even stumble upon some new weapons for your arsenal.